Sunday, October 28

AC Calculus AB credit

I signed up for the AC credit, and now I'm too cheap to pay for it I don't want to do it anymore... Does anyone know if I can cancel it, or if there is some kinda penalty charge if I do or anything? I really don't want to call UMSL to ask.
Not paying the bill isn't really an option, because I want credit for the other two classes I signed up for.

EDIT: Anyone who is interested in dropping AC credit, call the Advanced Credit people at (314) 516-7005. They gave me an e-mail to send my request to. You have until Nov. 1st.
Hopefully the AP exam won't be too bad!

6 comments:

Ms. Jones said...

I know you don't want to, but you'll need to call UMSL's Advanced Credit Office and talk to them about it since you do want to keep the other two classes. (Also because I don't know the answer to your question...sorry :(
You changed your mind because you know you will get more credit through the AP exam, right?

Ms. Jones said...

This Thursday (Nov. 1) is the last day to drop and receive a refund.
Check out the UMSL Advanced Credit website for contact information.

Mehchel said...

Okay, thanks.
Yeah, I think I can pass the AB exam if nothing else... If I study... maybe read the textbook...
Passing the BC exam wouldn't be too bad either, but it's too soon to plan on that really. I don't even know what's coming next semester.

Ms. Jones said...

The AB exam content is Chp 1-6, which we will do first semester. The BC exam is Chp 7-9 (+a little) and we'll do that second semester and spend some time reviewing for the exam. You'll need to decide which exam you want to take when we sign up and order them in mid Feb. If you take the BC exam, you will also get an AB subscore (on the questions that the tests have in common) Some universities will accept a subscore, some will not. You'll need to check with your prospective universities.

Mehchel said...

Oh, I hope mine accepts subscores!!

I can't imagine many students taking the AP test this year... probably got a lot of kids doing the UMSL thing in AB.

Ms. Jones said...

There were only 28 students on the roster for AC credit, so I hope that many will plan on taking the exam.

I would like to see as many students as possible get college credit for their hard work this year.