A couple of things to keep in mind are: 1) extrema (relative max/min) occur only at the critical numbers. So it's a little "critical" that you locate the critical numbers :D These are the x-values where the derivative is either zero or undefined. 2) absolute extrema are where you compare the "relatives" to the endpoints to determine which is greatest and/or least.
3 comments:
Well, I guess that is somewhat helpful.
Honestly, I think so too though...
A couple of things to keep in mind are: 1) extrema (relative max/min) occur only at the critical numbers. So it's a little "critical" that you locate the critical numbers :D These are the x-values where the derivative is either zero or undefined. 2) absolute extrema are where you compare the "relatives" to the endpoints to determine which is greatest and/or least.
Ahhh thanks for the AC credit reminder. I totally forgot about it!!
Post a Comment